Presented by Bradley Jordan Muldrow, Esq. CAMFT Staff Attorney
2 CE credits included. The presentation will be recorded and available to registrants for 21 days after the live presentation.
The road to licensure is paved with good intentions and ever-evolving regulations. This presentation will provide pre-licensees and supervisors with an overview of the licensure process, including the new supervision regulations that went into effect in 2022. Topics will include: supervised experience requirements for MFT applicants, supervisor qualifications, and licensing examinations.
Participants will gain a deeper understanding of the licensure process for marriage and family therapists, the roles and responsibilities of pre-licensees and supervisors, and how to navigate common challenges these parties often encounter.
After attending this class, participants will be able to:
- Identify the specific criteria Pre-Licensed therapists must meet for the Board to approve their hours (e.g. how many weeks of individual or triadic supervision pre-licensees must complete, how many direct counseling hours they must obtain, etc.).
- Distinguish between the two 90-day rules and the two six-year rules
- State how these rules impact the licensure process
- Identify the work settings in which MFT trainees and associates can accumulate supervised experience hours
- Identify the eligibility requirements for, and specific responsibilities of supervisors
About the Presenter
As a CAMFT staff attorney, Bradley J. Muldrow, Esq. takes member phone calls regarding law and ethics issues and contributes articles on those subjects to CAMFT's publication, the Therapist. Prior to joining CAMFT’s legal team, Brad worked on litigation and regulatory matters as an attorney for San Diego Gas & Electric Company. Since becoming an attorney, Brad has given law and ethics presentations to attorneys and judges as a member of the J. Clifford Wallace Inn of Court. He has also served as a board member for the Earl B. Gilliam Bar Foundation, a San Diego-based nonprofit.
- Counting to 3,000: Overview of the Regulations and Procedures for Counting Hours
- The Trainee’s Journey: Supervised Experience Requirements for Trainees
- The Post-Grad Applicant’s Journey: Supervised Experience Requirements for Post-Grad Applicants
- The Associate’s Journey: Supervised Experience Requirements for Associates
- The Supervisor’s Journey
- The Licensing Examinations
This course meets the qualifications for 2 hours of continuing education credit for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEPs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The Sacramento Valley Chapter of the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (SVC-CAMFT), provider #62279, is approved by CAMFT to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and LEPs. SVC-CAMFT maintains the responsibility for the program and all its contents.
CE Credit will be awarded via email after the completion of the course in exchange for a course evaluation. No CEUs will be awarded to persons arriving late or leaving early. Partial CE credit will not be awarded. This program will benefit LMFT, LPCC, LEP and LCSW licensees and pre-licensees.
EVENT POLICY INFORMATION