Failure to Launch: Having the Conversation
Presenter: Kevin Phillips
Friday, October 18, 2013
9:30 AM to 12:00PM
University of Phoenix
2860 Gateway Oaks Drive
Sacramento, CA 95833
“Failure to Launch” has become a term used to describe the continuing dependency of young adults on their parents beyond the adolescent years. Regardless of factors that may contribute to this reality, parents often struggle to “have the conversation” with their adult children. A Marriage and Family Therapist is in a privileged position to coach both parents as well as adult children into how to turn a challenging situation into a creative and productive opportunity to enrich relationships and empower growth.
Participants will learn:
· How insight into four unique relational styles inform conversational dynamics.
· How to identify a specific relational style in oneself and others.
· How improving relational competence leads to more favorable outcomes.
· How to identify four specific conversational goals.
· How to coach others in 1) identifying the appropriate goal for a specific conversation, 2) practicing the appropriate dialogical pattern, and 3) knowing when to move to the next conversational goal in the process.
Includes continental breakfast and 2 CEUs
Register and pay online or register and pay cash/check at the door. Early registration ends Tuesday, October 15th.
Early registration rates:
2013 Licensed Member of SVC-CAMFT or another local chapter of CAMFT: $20
2013 Pre-Licensed Member of SVC-CAMFT or another local chapter of CAMFT: $15
Add $5 for late or "at-door" registration.
There is a free training for pre-licensed members and non-members from 8:30 to 9:15 at the same location (different room).
Contact: Laura Frederick, SVC-CAMFT Administrative Assistant: email@example.com or (916) 350-1577